- Blog Home
- About JISC TechDis
- Role or Responsibility
- Business & Community Engagement
- Content Creation
- Continuing Professional Development
- Employer Engagement
- Knowledge Exchange
- Leadership and Management
- Lifelong Learning
- Mobile Learning
- Organisational Policy
- Staff Skills
- Technology Enhanced Learning
- Web Accessibility
- Work Based Learning
- User Need
- Independent Specialist Colleges
We blogged a little while ago about the upcoming “Rewiring Inclusion” conference organised by ALT & ourselves. We really pleased to announce some of our plenary speakers for the event:-
1. Prior to the dinner on the 8th February, Julian Harty from Google will be running a plenary session titled “Wave, Chrome OS, Online Docs and Android. What impact will they have on the environment for learning?”
Julian will also be running a 40 minute workshop on the morning of 9 February.
2. On the 9th February, Artur Ortega, Accessibility Evangelist for Yahoo! Europe will speak in the opening plenary about the Yahoo! approach to accessibility. Artur will also be running a 40 minute workshop on the morning of 9 February.
3. During the closing plenary on 9 February, Alison Mills, Head of Assessment for Learning at The Manchester College will be talking about how a large urban college is taking inclusion to the heart of its operations.
The full programme is now available for the event from here:
And a large print version is available here:
Just to recap the previous details of the event, Rewiring Inclusion: Strategies, Tools and Techniques to promote barrier-free learning is a national one day conference being held at the National College in Nottingham on 9 February, with an optional evening session on 8 February.
The conference is being jointly organised by ourselves and ALT for any staff whose work and role affects learners and learning.
The costs to attend are:
£120 for Members of ALT
£160 for non-members of ALT
£100 dinner, bed and breakfast at the National College
The booking deadline is approaching fast so visit http://www.alt.ac.uk/conferences.php before Tuesday 2 February 2010 to ensure you get a place.
We’ll see you there!
Tag Cloud#techdis accessibility Android Apple Apps assistive technology audio colour dyslexia e-books e-safety eifl Europe events FOSS Google Higher Education Academy ICC ICCHP inclusion innovation 3 international iPad iPhone jisc JISC techdis Kindle Libraries Microsoft mobile mobile phones OASES Open Source Publishers rewiring inclusion sbri Subject Centres TBx text to speech Toolbox touchscreen Twitter Voices web web2.0